How many panels fail to engage the audience?
What is the role of the moderator in facilitating a compelling panel discussion?
Thaler Pekar & Partners delivered a half-day program for members of Philanthropy New York on how to successfully moderate a panel. During the fun and interactive session, participants discovered how moderating a panel is like hosting a dinner party: the moderator is the host, and the panelists and the audience are the guests. And no cooking and clean up required!
The program explored:
- How to best prepare your panelists and plan for your role as moderator
- How to joyfully welcome your panelists – and your audience
- The art of sincere and meaningful introductions
- Encouraging all of your panelists to speak, and enabling all of them to be heard
- The importance of summarization and reflection at the close of the panel.