Communication is how we show up in the world. Our work is about guiding people in figuring out what to say — and how to say it best. Thaler Pekar & Partners provides people with the tools and techniques to hear and be heard.
We’ve analyzed the success of thousands of diverse clients, and dug deep into communications and behavioral theory, research, and application. We’ve studied neuroscience and discounted pseudoscience. We’ve distilled our discoveries and we’ve found the through line!
And we’ve developed tactics, tools, and methodologies for mastering its application throughout your diverse and complex communication challenges.
Join us in exploring and applying these tools. Choose from these half-day, full-day, and two-day+ programs:
Communicating with Clarity & Conviction
A Half Day Introduction to Invitational Communication
Discover compelling new ways to develop trusting and loyal relationships with customers and colleagues. Through practical exercises, reflection, and a good amount of play, you will:
- Unleash your agility as a communicator: your capacity for both strategic and spontaneous communication
- Increase your ability to productively respond to the signals and complexity surrounding you
- Discover how being agile helps you regain and maintain control
- Practice quickly building rapport and value, and making decisions
- Gain creative courage and empower yourself and others to act.
This fun and fast-moving program is open to anyone interested in expanding their capacity for connectivity, flexibility, and resilience through communication.
- Friday, April 21, 2017
- Breakfast at 8:30 AM, program 9 AM – noon
- A beautiful location in Lower Manhattan.
“Leadership is so often about guiding people, guiding a business, creating a positive corporate culture. Helping empower people to have the confidence to share stories, and thus share meaning, values, and purpose is a positive advantage of your program in every area of life. I now find myself connecting with others more easily, be it in social networking, professional development, and areas of leadership.” — George Kahrl, owner/operator, Sarah Faith Ranch
Communicating Meaning: The Crucial Role of a Leader
A 2-Day Deep Dive, with Extensive One-on-One Follow-Up
An ability to quickly filter, synthesize, and communicate meaning is the pressing requirement of leadership. This program is designed for senior executives and visionary entrepreneurs who are already able communicators and who wish to more efficiently and effectively connect with audiences. Building upon your established presence, authenticity, and integrity, you will increase your credibility and your approachability. You will draw upon your intellect, creativity, and courage to build greater influence.
As a result of your two-day deep dive and our extensive follow-up, you will excel at
- Stimulating your listener’s desire to take and sustain action
- Communicating your competitive advantage with clarity and conviction
- Generating alignment, cohesion, and empathy
- Connecting and making sense of the past, present, and future of your work
- Using story to succinctly synthesize data, reason, and emotion
- Increasing transparency and understanding
- Catalyzing greater creativity and courage in your teams
- Enhancing your role as Chief Influencer of Culture.
As a member of this small cohort, you receive
- 2-Day Deep Dive with a small group of exceptional leaders from the corporate, philanthropic, nonprofit, and government sectors
- 5 Hours of individual Executive Coaching, by telephone or video conferencing, following the April event and scheduled at your request
- 4 months of Email Support following the April event
- 3 months of bi-weekly guided “Review & Do” exercises via email, ensuring the sustainability of your advances in communication
- A personal bound notebook, filled with our proprietary processes (Heart, Head & Hand®, Invitational Incline™, Engagement Equation™)
- Membership in a network of other influential leaders who share your passion for transformational communication.
- Monday, May 22 & Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Monday + Dinner at 7
- 8:30 AM – 4 PM Tuesday
- A beautiful location in Greenwich Village, Manhattan
- Executive Coaching following, scheduled at your request
Breakfast, lunch, snacks & beverages included each day. Dinner on Monday will be at a nearby restaurant. It is included in your registration, but optional to attend.
“You owe it to yourself to discover the next level of connection with your listener – beyond simple engagement to building purpose and urgency. Thaler and Jay have found powerful, mechanistic components to impactful communication. They want to share those blueprints with you to unlock your potential to be heard. This will transform your approach to transferring information, motivating others, and sharing your vision. In short, a powerful set of tools for more effective leadership.” — Matt McFarlane, lawyer, scientist, and social entrepreneur
Storytelling is Only Half the Story
A One Day Exploration into Finding, Eliciting & Hearing Stories
- Are you interested in gathering stories about the impact of your product or services?
- Do you desire insight from your customers, or into complex problems?
- Do you wish to deepen engagement with your varied audiences?
Perhaps you are aware, as one of our clients (a super-smart lawyer and CEO) said, “I know the stories are there; I just don’t know how to find them.”
In this practical program, you will learn how to efficiently — and ethically — find effective and insightful stories.
By listening to stories, you hear things you wouldn’t ordinarily hear. Especially if you are curious about values, beliefs, and emotions (rather than opinion and arguments), asking for stories is as much a form of communication as telling them.
See story from a new perspective.
We will explore:
- How to find the most powerful stories in your team or organization –and from the most powerful people
- Listening curiously, compassionately, and courageously
- Avoiding the trap of being told only what people think you want to hear
- Revealing and transferring knowledge through story
- Gleaning insight from the stories you gather
- Creating a collaborative culture that drives innovation and results.
This program is of value to:
- People leading change initiatives
- Knowledge managers
- Content and digital strategists
- Communication professionals
- Product developers
- UX researchers
- All curious and smart leaders!
- Friday, October 27, 2017
- 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks & beverages included.
- Someplace beautiful in Manhattan.
“Thaler provided this high-value program to select clients and friends of DHR Communications. It was a great success, with participants evaluating it as, ‘uplifting; fascinating; thought-provoking.’ One political leader said, ‘I found the new perspective on how to ask questions in a way that elicits stories to be really valuable, as well as the challenging perspective on how we need to have an awareness of the power differentials within our own teams.’.” – Catherine Heaney, Managing Director, DHR Communications
Discounts available for registration in multiple programs and for groups.
We’re able to customize each program and deliver it onsite at your organization!