Thaler shares her expertise and ideas while at the same time helping people experience a practical understanding of their own stories and solve communication challenges.
You can watch excerpts on the Thaler Speaking playlist of the Thaler Pekar & Partners YouTube channel.
You can listen to Thaler on BBC World Radio’s The Forum discussing the Pleasures and Perils of Storytelling.
Customized keynotes, plenaries, and programs have included:
Your Solution Story Matters; Shifting from Problem to Possibility, Keynote, Montana Public Health Association Annual Conference
Narrative Enquiry, DHR Communications, Dublin, Ireland
Influence, Storytelling, & Storymapping, Collaborative Gain
The Limits of Empathy, Keynote, Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine, Quinnipiac University
- How to be a Great Moderator, Philanthropy NY
- Why Story Matters. How sharing your story can boost your business, Alaska Chamber of Commerce
- Who Cares About Your Foundation’s History?, with David Isay of StoryCorps, Communications Network
- Plexus Institute, Storytelling for Leaders, Organizations and Communities – click to listen!
- How to Develop & Deliver a TED-Style Talk, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Local Funding Partnerships, delivered by Jay Rhoderick
- Beyond Storytelling: Building a Narrative Organization, Organizational Development Network of New York
- Heart, Head & Hand®: The Science of Persuasive Communication, Women Presidents’ Organization 16th Annual Conference, and Women Presidents’ Organization, Cape Town, South Africa
Why Your Story Matters, 2013 Leadership Summit, The Foraker Group, Anchorage, Alaska
- Storytelling & Narrative Persuasion, S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications Executive Masters in Communication Management
The Sweet Spot of Communication, interactive webinar series, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Local Funding Partnerships
- The Basics of Organizational Storytelling, Smithsonian Institute
- Let Your Ideas For Change Be Heard: Conquering Complexity with Story, closing plenary, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Local Funding Partnerships Annual Meeting
- Productive Partnerships: Building Trust and Creating Collaborations, opening plenary, New Jersey Non-Profit Conference
- From the Basement to the Boardroom: What Makes Your Story Great and How Can You Make it Even Better?, South by Southwest Interactive (SXSW)
- How to Find Stories that Interest the Media and Support Your Cause, Global Health & Innovation Conference
- On Telling and Drawing: Communication Strategies and Visual Organization in Design, LIGHTFAIR INTERNATIONAL
- Story as a Persuasive Sales Tool, Intrado Inc. National Sales Meeting
- The Story of the Science of Story, teleconference
- Grand Rounds, Residency Program in Social Pediatrics, Montefiore Medical Center